November's Glocal (Global/Local) Dining experience for CAPCA members and friends is here. It is the “new” Global dinners format for our group. We want to celebrate and support some of the small restaurant owners that make our city into a global food landscape.
The procedure is a bit different. We will be promoting one restaurant per month and we encourage you to check it at your leisure during the month. At the end of the month, we will do a community Zoom discussion to connect with each other, talk about our meals, and learn some more about the restaurant and how its presence enhances our community. Below are the instructions for the event:
- Register on the website (CAPCA’s website) - Since this event will not be in person, we would love to get an idea of how many RPCVs have supported the highlighted small business each month. This is also ensure you receive the Zoom details for the discussion at the end of the month.
- Call the restaurant within the prescribed month
- Order (if applicable ask for the Peace Corps special price of the meal - We will note if this is available).
- We invite you to share your experience on social media and tag @chicagoareapeacecorps or use the hashtag #CAPCAGlocalGrub.
- Carry out or get delivery from the restaurant
- Join us at the end of the month for a community Zoom discussion about the meal + impact of this restaurant in our community.
NOVEMBER FEATURE: El Mirador Salvadoran Cuisine
Located at 5340 W Diversey Ave. Chicago, IL. El Mirador offers a wide array of fresh food – bandeja salvadorena, yuca frita con chicharron, yuca con pescaditas, yuca sancochada con pollo, flor de izote con huevo, pechuga de pollo a la plancha, churrasco and camarones al ajillo.... and of course, PUPUSAS!!
El Mirador offers PICK-UP ONLY, 7 days a week from 10am-8pm. Find out more at http://orderelmirador.com/
Check back later for more details about the Community Zoom Meeting at the end of the month!